The house is a mess! It is one of those things where it gets worse before it is better when you are packing, purging, cleaning and rearranging things to be evacuating your home for a year and letting a friend/house sitter move in. If you roam around here in the dark be careful…you might trip on a box, a pile of clothes or books in the hallway, miscellaneous things on the stairs and stuff all boxed up for give away, garage sales and storage. Dawson would laugh and say, "it doesn't have to be dark to trip on something!" For those that know me well, you’re thinking…..how is that different from your normal housekeeping skills?!?! I know, but trust me – right now it is worse. I am trying to get the kids and myself to stay focused and motivated to go through closets and toys for the 4x or more since I quit work last year. They feel like they have gotten rid of a lot but there is still too much here. It has been especially difficult to stay focused as we have had amazing weather this week, and we all love to be outside.
I feel like one more week and I need to wrap it up with the house….what is done is done and the rest is going to have to hang out for a year. I need to really start focusing on what we are going to take and how we are going to organize it for the smaller RV spaces. For our family….we are going from 5 closets to one and basically 5-6 dressers to not even 1. We are going to have to be creative for sure. As well as, how to live with less. I’ve always heard “less is more” – I hope this is true for us once we board the “home on wheels”. I keep telling the kids, we aren’t taking this or that…. all to get a deep sigh or "oh darn", "seriously mom" or some comment like that. It’s going to be interesting, packing alone will be an adventure.
Anyway, for now we are still home and getting really excited for the next month ahead. Lots of excitement with our to do list:
· Un-enrolling out of school on 10/8 –organizing our home school material.
· Prepping for Aunt Haylie’s wedding in Madison….3 fancy dresses, new shoes, tux rental and all that fun!
· Then preparing a notebook about the house for the friends moving in to the house…..they need to know all the weird and quirky things about our house and what do each season, etc etc.
· There is saying our “see ya laters” to all our family, friends, class mates and neighbors. Planning a send-off celebration for the weekend prior to our departure.
· And the list goes on…..take dog to vet, get hair colored and cut, so many little things to do,
Although, it doesn’t sound too calm right now, I have many moments of pure joy and calm, as I prepare my family for this trip. It might be the calm before the storm? Maybe…or maybe not? Maybe it is the storm and once we are the road I will feel the calm. Although it might just be pure exhaustion for the first week on the road with all it takes to get the engine started and the wheels rolling us on outta here! Ahhhhh…to living dreams! For now, we are all safe and sound....life as usual....here at home!
Thanks for checking in.
Tiffany & the Fercho kiddos